Bachmann for President Announces $4.2 Million at End of 2nd Quarter
July 15, 2011
Alexandria, Va. - Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann announced today the campaign is reporting more than $4.2 million at the end of the 2nd quarter Federal Election Commission filing period. The following is a breakdown of the numbers as of June 30, 2011:
- Total contributions: more than $4.2 million
- Number of contributions: more than 88,000
- Average contribution: roughly $48.00
- Cash on Hand: more than $3.6 million
"Having gotten into the race a little over a month ago, we are pleased with the progress of our fundraising numbers," Congresswoman Bachmann said. "I am especially proud of our grassroots fundraising efforts which indicate we are receiving the bulk of our contributions from the average hard-working American. We are just now starting to reach out to major donors and look forward to a successful 3rd quarter fundraising effort."
The Bachmann for President campaign is launching an aggressive major donor program with their newly formed finance team comprised of the following fundraising veterans:
- Guy Short - Senior Advisor / Finance - Guy served as Michele Bachmann's general consultant in 2010, helping her raise a record $13.5 million dollars. Other recent clients have included Christine O'Donnell for Senate and Todd Akin for Senate, as well as Susan B Anthony List and Independent Women's Voice. He has also served as Vice President of Wiland Direct, a political direct marketing firm and was previously Chief of Staff to Congresswoman Marilyn Musgrave from 2003-2008.
- Mary Heitman – National Finance Director - Mary is known as one of the GOP's top fundraisers, having raised money for Republican leaders Governor Haley Barbour, Governor Mitch Daniels and Majority Leader Eric Cantor. She has 20 years of federal and state fundraising experience, having most recently served as Finance Director for the Republican National Committee.
- Jody Thomas - National Finance Director – Jody managed the national political finance operation for Congressman J.C.Watts, overseeing all campaign and Political Action Committee fundraising. Since then, she has become a nationally recognized fundraiser for various conservative campaigns and issues.
- Michele Bachmann
- Bachmann Responds to President Obama's Comments on the Debt Debate
- United States Presidential Election, 2012