Spain is officially the Kingdom of Spain. It is a country and member state of the European Union located in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula. Its mainland is bordered to the south and east by the Mediterranean Sea except for a small land boundary with the British Overseas Territory of Gibraltar; to the north by France, Andorra, and the Bay of Biscay; and to the northwest and west by the Atlantic Ocean and Portugal.
- Capital: Madrid
- Official language(s): Spanish
- Government: Parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy
- Legislature: Cortes Generales
- Upper House: Senate
- Lower House: Congress of Deputies
- King: Juan Carlos I
- Prime Minister: Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero (PSOE)
- Spanish General Election, 2011 - November 2011
July 29: Moody's Investors Service announces that it has kept the Spain's credit rating on a review for a possible downgrade.