Straw polls for the Republican Party (US) Presidential Primaries, 2012
Straw Polls held for the potential Republican party presidential candidates in the 2012 Presidential Election.
- 1 Ohio Straw Poll - July 2011
- 2 Iowa Straw Poll - June 2011
- 3 Republican Leadership Conference Straw Poll - June 2011
- 4 South Carolina straw poll
- 5 Georgia 3rd District Convention Straw Poll - April 2011
- 6 Pennsylvania Straw Poll - April 2011
- 7 South Carolina Straw Poll - April 2011
- 8 Republican Liberty Caucus of California Presidential Straw Poll - March 2011
- 9 National League of Cities Straw Poll - March 2011
- 10 Dorchester Conference Straw Poll - March 2011
- 11 Tea Party Straw Poll - February 2011
- 12 CPAC Straw Poll - February 2011
- 13 New Hampshire Straw Poll - January 2011
- 14 Additional straw polls
- 15 See Also
Ohio Straw Poll - July 2011
The 2011 Ohio Republican Party Presidential Straw Poll was held on July 22, 2011. GOP frontrunner Mitt Romney won the Ohio Straw Poll receiving 25% of the votes, followed by Tim Pawlenty with 16%. Michele Bachmann is third in the table with 15% support.
|9||Other Write In||6%|
Rick Perry received votes as a write-in candidate.
Iowa Straw Poll - June 2011
The Iowa Republican Party Presidential Straw Poll was held at Clay County, Iowa on June 19, 2011.
Republican Leadership Conference Straw Poll - June 2011
The Republican Leadership Conference Straw Poll was organized by the Southern Republican Leadership Conference at New Orleans, Louisiana. It was held on June 16-18, 2011.
South Carolina straw poll
The South Carolina Republican Party Convention presidential straw poll was held at Columbia, South Carolina on May 5-6, 2011.
|Finish||Potential candidate||Votes received|
The following are the write-in candidates. Jim DeMint(3), Alan West(3), Paul Ryan(1)
Georgia 3rd District Convention Straw Poll - April 2011
The Georgia straw poll was held at the Georgia 3rd District Republican convention on April 16, 2011.
Pennsylvania Straw Poll - April 2011
The 2011 Pennsylvania Straw Poll was organized by Pennsylvania Revolution at Camp Hill (Harrisburg), Pennsylvania. The straw poll was held on April 8-9, 2011.
The following are Write-In candidates: Paul Ryan(5%), Allen West(5%), Chris Christie(4%), Newt Gingrich(2%), Marco Rubio(2%), Jon Huntsman(2%), Snooki(2%), Mike Pence(1%), Jim DeMint(1%), Rand Paul(1%), Steve Johnson(1%).
South Carolina Straw Poll - April 2011
The South Carolina straw poll was organized by the Grassroots SC campaign. It was held in York County, South Carolina on April 3, 2011.
Republican Liberty Caucus of California Presidential Straw Poll - March 2011
The Republican Liberty Caucus straw poll was held at the 2011 California Republican convention. It was organized by the Republican Liberty Caucus of California in Sacramento, California on March 20, 2011.
The following finished with less than ten votes John R. Bolton (8), Gary Johnson (7), Herman Cain (5), Haley Barbour (4), Rick Santorum (4), Jon Huntsman (3), Donald Trump (3), Chris Christie (2), Jim DeMint (2), Marco Rubio (2), Scott Walker (2), Paul Ryan (1), Colin Powell (1), Allen West (1), Tom McClintock (1), Dana Perino (1), and None of the Above (1).
National League of Cities Straw Poll - March 2011
The 2011 National League of Cities Straw Poll was organized by the National League of Cities in Washington, D.C. on March 15, 2011.
Dorchester Conference Straw Poll - March 2011
The 2011 Dorchester Conference Straw Poll was held by the Dorchester Conference at Seaside, Oregon on March 6, 2011.
Tea Party Straw Poll - February 2011
The 2011 Tea Party Straw Poll was held by the Tea Party Patriots in Phoenix, Arizona on February 27, 2011.
CPAC Straw Poll - February 2011
The CPAC Straw Poll 2011 was held in Washington, D.C. on February 10-12, 2011. The poll was conducted by the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).
New Hampshire Straw Poll - January 2011
The 2011 New Hampshire Straw Poll was held on January 22, 2011. The poll was held at Derry, New Hampshire.
Additional straw polls
- August 13, 2011, Ames, Iowa – Ames Straw Poll
- September 22, 2011, Orlando, Florida – Presidency 5 straw poll
- September 23–25, 2011, Mackinac Island, Michigan – Michigan Republican Party's 29th Biennial Mackinac Republican Leadership Conference straw poll
- October 7–9, 2011, Washington, D.C. – Values Voter Straw Poll
- November 5, 2011, Statewide, Illinois – Illinois Republican Straw Poll
- United States Presidential Election, 2012
- Republican Party (US) Presidential Primaries, 2012
- Ames Straw Poll