United States Senate Election in Florida, 2012
- Bill Nelson - incumbent US Senator
- Bill Fisher Jr. - environmental consultant
- Alexander George - businessman, political activist, minister
- Adam Hasner - former Florida House of Representatives majority leader
- George LeMieux - former US senator
- Mike McCalister - university professor and 2010 Republican primary candidate
- Craig Miller - former CEO of Ruth's Chris Steak House
- Ron Rushing - businessman
July 28: Senate President Mike Haridopolos who dropped out of the 2012 Senate race last week said that he won't support Adam Hasner for the Senate in the next year election. “I can tell you one thing: I will not be supporting Adam Hasner for the Senate. We need to be a party of big ideas, and not legislating one way and running another,” Haridopolos said. “I think Bill Nelson will be very difficult to defeat, and the candidate who defeats him will have to be on the road 24-7,” he added.
July 18: Mike Haridopolos, the Florida state senate president has dropped out of the race for GOP nomination for the 2012 senate election. He said that handling both the roles of state senate president and running a campaign for the 2012 election are in conflict. Announcing his decision to drop out of the race, Mike Haridopolos in a video said: "I truly believed I could handle both jobs, but I was wrong. Now I am determined to make it right. I am announcing that I will no longer be a candidate for the United State Senate, nor will I seek any other office this year or next."
- United States Senate
- United States Senate Elections, 2012
- United States Presidential Election, 2012
- United States House of Representatives Elections, 2012