United States Senate Election in Virginia, 2012
The 2012 United States Senate election in Virginia will take place on November 6, 2012. The Senate Elections will be held concurrently with the US presidential election. Incumbent Democratic U.S. Senator Jim Webb decided to retire instead of running for re-election to a second term.
- Tim Kaine - former Democratic National Committee chairman and former Virginia governor
- Courtney Lynch - Businesswoman
- George Allen - former U.S. senator and former Virginia governor
- Tim Donner - founder of Horizon Television
- David McCormick - Businessman
- Jamie Radtke - Conservative activist
- Bishop E.W. Jackson Sr. - Minister and Social Conservative Leader
- Kevin Chisholm - Will run as Independent
July 13: Former Virginia senator George Allen has raised $1.1 million in contributions at the end of the second quarter of fundraising. That makes his total fundraising efforts to $2.6 million overall.
July 8: Tim Kaine hires Mike Henry as manager of his campaign to run his 2012 Senate race. Mike Henry served as his campaign's manager of his successful 2005 gubernatorial campaign. Jody Wagner also joins Kaine's campaign.
|Poll||Date administered||Sample size||Tim Kaine (D)||George Allen (R)|
|Public Policy Polling||July 21-24, 2011||500 Virginia Voters||46||43||Kaine +3|
|Quinnipiac||June 21-27, 2011||1434 Virginia Voters||43||42||Kaine +1|
|Public Policy Polling||May 5 - 8, 2011||547 Virginia Voters||46||44||Kaine +2|
|Washington Post||April 28 - May 4, 2011||1040 Virginia Voters||46||46||Tie|
|Roanoke College||March 17 - 30, 2011||360 Virginia Voters||32||45||Allen +13|
|Public Policy Polling||February 24 - 27, 2011||524 Virginia Voters||47||47||Tie|
|Public Policy Polling||November 10 - 13, 2010||551 Virginia Voters||50||44||Kaine +6|